Saturday 19 September 2015

A Splash of Colour



Hello there, I recently purchased some watercolour paints from local pound store and thought I'd give watercolour a try. I've used watercolour pencils in the past, so I was a little nervous using real watercolours for the first time in many years. I don't know why I was nervous as I'm quite surprise how I have took to it. I do admire the watercolour effect, I do watch all the Youtube channels and think why can't I do that.. So I am so glad i've given it try.  


Started with Hammered embossed A4 piece of card cut down to 29.2 X 9.9cm and folded at the top with Crafters Companion embossing tool. Cut piece of watercolour card slightly smaller than the card blank, using masking tape I adhere the watercolor card down to my craft mat.


Brushed tap all over the watercolour card, Squeeze a bit of ultramarine and cerulean blue onto spare bathroom tile and added water to both paints. Using watercolour brush I dropped combination of the two colours onto the wet watercolour card, to create organic effect. Then to speed the drying process I used my heat tool.


Using the WF flower circles, I stamped two large and small circles with Versafine onyx black ink. Using Silhouette cameo I cut out wishes from porfino white card, adhere this to the watercolour card with Zig fine glue pen. Stamped Best from CB stamps with Versafine onyx ink and added some clear bubble enamel dots, I made using Anita's gloss 3D gel and dropping pearls on to baking sheet and left to dry. I usually add a little Zig Fine glue on the back to adhere on cards.


Adhere the watercolour card to card blank using double sided foam tape to finish .


Supplies 

As always I leave you the links of where you can purchased the same item, just click on the highlighted link to be taken straight there.

Thank you so much for passing by today and hope you call by again very soon, I would also like to thank all my followers, friends and supporters as you are all amazing and so supportive and for that I am truly grateful. 

If you are not yet a follower, just click on the follow button on the right hand side of this blog post, or you can follow through email and Bloglovin. Feel free to leave my comment so I know you have been by.

Challenges applied from -  




Until next time - keep crafting and smiling 







13 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous design and layout. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, you are so kind and I am so glad you are my crafty friend.

      Best wishes
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

      Delete
  2. Fabby card! Watercolouring is fun-and very addictive!!
    Hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Nessa,

      You are so kind, thank you for your lovely words, as it means so much to me.
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with waterholes myself right now. You're card is beautiful. Nice job! So glad to have found you through SSS Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andie, So very kind of you to say and I am so glad you found me and I am glad to find you too!!
      Hugs
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

      Delete
  4. Love your beautiful card. The background is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meihsia thank you so much, you have made my day for sure.
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Missy. ADORE the watercolour spash. The blue us lovely and vibrant and the stamped circles look just right. How very arty of you! :)
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you are such fabulous friend to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful words.. You are such sweetie xx
      You have helped my confidence saying that Asha, as I've not used watercolours since I was at school. xx
      Hugs
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

      Delete
  6. Aw Lenny, thank you ever so much!!! You are such sweetie xx
    You have made my day !!

    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Missy - your background is just superb - love the CAS style too.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Caryn,
      Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl x

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for passing by my blog today, really hope you have enjoyed your visit. Please do leave me comment so I know you have been by, I truly appreciate your comments.