Sunday 28 December 2014

Think I am on a roll...so to speak

Yes I am back again..think being in crafty bubble for several days its got me on roll....

Yesterday I spend most of the afternoon trying out another idea that I found the web, so just add to give it ago for myself, I have been looking at embossing folders or templates online and from my research they can be bit expensive so I decided to see if making my own would work the same.

First of all you need doe-flex but I don't have any in so I decide to box clever and put laminated pouch (these are so cheap to get hold of in stationary shops and discount stores) through a laminater first, then spray light mist of Stick and Spray on the back and stick the sheet to the cameo mat. 

This designed was created by myself using just circles in the silhouette software, and didn't think it would work but I always say give it ago and see what happens. Glad I did.. I have got the result I wanted which is always good and hasn't costed a lot neither 
 

 This one was made using cutting file that was purchased from the Silhouette store and still available to buy (the cutting file was originally a border)

The cutting settings I used to make these are as follows -
Blade 6 - Speed 8 - Thickness 8

This was a experiment with the settings and found they worked perfectly for me, but every machine can be slightly varied so you can play about on yours to see what suits you.

I am so chuffed with how they turned out and cant wait to start making something creative with them, I will be bring my creations on here very soon and show you how I got on with them. I am experimenting with them as embossing folders using the cuttlebug and I must say you do need a few sheets of copy paper to act as shims and using the two B plates and brown mat. Its not a really deep embossing but its very pretty and I will be using them regularly. I have not tried them as yet as templates for inking but think they should work well, but I will of course let you know how I get on.

(These are slightly smaller than 6 inches so they fit in the Cuttlebug)

So glad you visited my blog today, please leave me comment so I know you have been by and don't forget to follow my blog via the Follow button on right hand side of this post, so you can be the first to hear my latest news, posts and of course updates. 

I will be back very soon and until next time
Keep crafting and smiling 

xxxx 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so much for passing by my blog today, really hope you have enjoyed your visit. Please do leave me comment so I know you have been by, I truly appreciate your comments.