Tuesday 22 July 2014

Another warm day for a challenge


Hello there!! Its another warm day and its certainly taking its toll on me, so instead of going out in the heat where its far too warm for me at moment. I decided to get cracking on my latest challenge this month, those who visit my blog regular will know I love a challenge as it gets my creative juices flowing.
Over at Crafters Companion Facebook July Challenge their theme this month is "Sentiments" so I spend sometime on what sentiment and design I would use and come up with. So I research Copyright Free sentiments on the web and came up with the one I used for my entry as its such lovely sentiment and perfect for your best friend.

I have recently started using a colour wheel that was in Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine and found it such a handy tool to have and as pushed me out of my comfort zone with using different colours I wouldn't normally use. Hence the colours I have chosen for my entry.. I hope you agree that the colours match so well and dare I say it? I am so proud of this design and colours I've used.   








Crafters Companion items used are - Purple spotty background paper --Angelica & Friends CD ROM (UK), Green stripe pattern background paper -- Crafters Companion Club Inspire Free July download (UK), Flowers were sprayed with Crafters Companion Glitter Spray Multicolour (UK). 

Other items used - Sentiment found from Copyright free sentiments site from the web, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Cream - Purple - Green A4 card stock and Gold mirror board, Adhesive pearl gems.

Sentiment was Print and Cut on Silhouette Cameo, Flowers , leaves and mat and layer were cut again on Silhouette cameo.  

Thank you for passing by my blog today and hope you pass by again and make sure you follow me to keep up with the latest posts and news. Hope I have inspired you in your crafting life and help you get some new ideas.

Bye for now until next time...hopefully it been much cooler by then!!

Other challenges this will be enter into  -













14 comments:

  1. Great quote. Love the flowers you made.
    Thanks for joining our Bright & Sunny Challenge at Love to Create.

    Kitty
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for kind comments. Thanks to you for super challenge theme.
      Thecraftypink girl

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, the colours go so well together & the verse is lovely. I'm struggling with this heat too......roll on Autumn & Winter!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks such lovely thing to say. Say it is getting to warm and yes roll on Autumn and Winter when we have the cooler weather. I would like to thank you for following my blog. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely card. Next time please link our challenge in your Blog Post.
    Thank you for joining our "Bright & Sunny" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments, I have linked your challenge to my blog like you said.

      Thanks for great challenge.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely striking card, Love the colours and the sentiment is special too. Thanks for playing along with us on the Kraftyhands Blog Challenge.
    Crafty Wishes
    Laura from the Kraftyhands Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, such lovely remark on my card..I am so glad you like it.

      Thank You

      Delete
  5. A lovely card and a lovely sentiment too. I like the colour combination you have used. Thank you for sharing it in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sylvia

      Thanks ever so much for your kind words.
      Thanks

      Delete
  6. Aw thats so kind of you, thank you Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Thanks for entering the Polkadoodles Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so much for passing by my blog today, really hope you have enjoyed your visit. Please do leave me comment so I know you have been by, I truly appreciate your comments.